Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: TV Wives

This week I'll be counting my favorite TV wives. Since I am lucky enough to have such a wonderful wife who I love deeply I thought I'd count down great TV wives.

10. Jessica Simpson from Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica


I know it's a reality show but she was just so funny on this show that I have to think it was really scripted. At least I hope so.

9. Clair Olivia Hanks-Huxtable from The Cosby Show
8.  Carla from Scrubs


Sitcom wives usually get the short end of the stick. Sadly they are mostly just there to look pretty and once in awhile put their husband in his place. But these two ladies were always able to be more than the regular sitcom wife. 

7. Kirsten Cohen from The OC


I'm gonna pretend season two and three of The OC never happened when it concerns Sandy and Kirsten because the writers did a horrible job with them. They had such a wonderful relationship in season one and four and that is how I will remember it. 

6. Pam from The Office




 One of the major reasons I like The Office is because of the relationship between Pam and Jim. They let the relationship grow from friends to husband and wife. Sure the story hasn't been as good since they got together but I can accept that because they are a great couple.




5. Lily from How I Met Your Mother


The way Lily support Marshall is why she makes the list but she is hilarious on her own as well. Her and Marshall have such a nice balance to their relationship which is refreshing for a TV show.  

4. Marge Simpson from The Simpsons 


Anyone who can stay with Homer for 22 years has to crack the top five. 

3. Emma from Corner Gas


Emma was both funny and scary. She was able to put everyone else in their place and even through you always wondered what she saw in Oscar you could always tell she loved him. 

2. Tami from Friday Night Lights


The show showed how hard it would be to be a football coach's wife in Texas. I loved this show because the people and relationships were so realistic. They had their arguments but always made up and supported each other.

1. Haley from One Tree Hill


On a show where relationships changed all the time it was nice to have one relationship that lasted the entire show. You don't see many TV shows that can have a couple last eight seasons and people want them to stay together. Even when viewership dropped in season two when they had their troubles, the love of the couple by the crazy fans made it obvious the writers would not mess with the couple again outside of regular marital conflicts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment